Primacy card printer
The fast and versatile card printer
Printing: Single-sided, Double-sided
Encoding: Magnetic stripes, Smart contact, Smart contactless
Card lifespan: 1-3 years
Number of cards per year: Between 2,500 and 30,000
Card security level: High
Extremely fast, powerful and efficient
Primacy is available in single and dual-sided versions and is the ideal choice for printing and encoding cards in medium and large runs.
Using advanced encoding technologies, this deskop printer is the best solution for issuing personalized cards, from the most simple to the most secure.
Primacy is ideal for instant issuance of:
- Employee badges
- Access control badges
- Transit passes
- Payment cards
- Healthcare cards
- Student cards
- Event passes
As part of our eco-design system aimed at reducing the environmental footprint of our products,Evolis:
- uses recycled materials in the manufacture of our printers and consumables whenever possible,
- designs compact and lightweight printers to reduce CO2 emissions from transportation and packaging,
- reduces the power consumption of its printers (ErP Directive 2009, EnergyStar certifi cation) through a very economical hibernation mode.
Gain time and improve your productivity
Primacy is perfect for printing large runs because it personalizes color cards in record time: up to 225 cards per hour for single-sided printing and 140 cards per hour for dual-sided. You save time and increase productivity.
Primacy printers feature 300 dpi photographic resolution and edge to edge printing for optimum print quality. Your cards convey a professional image of your organization.
Ease of use
- The card feeder and output tray are directly accessible on the front of the printer, so you can check the cards as they come out.
- With the Evolis Premium Suite® software you can receive notifications and easily control the printer from your computer.
- Evolis High Trust® ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized by the printer.
The large capacity card feeder and output tray hold 100 cards – so you don’t have to refill the printer as often. Primacy offers high capacity in a compact footprint.
A long term vision
You can upgrade your printer according to your needs by adding magnetic stripe, contact or contactless chip encoders.
The printer can be factory configured for dual sided printing, or the function can be activated on site.
Primacy benefits from Evolis’ experience and proven quality control to ensure optimum performance and perfect results. We back up our strong commitment to quality with our 3-year standard warranty.
- Single-sided or dual-sided printing module
- Edge-to-edge printing
- Color dye sublimation, monochrome thermal transfer
- 300 dpi print head (11.8 dots/mm)
- 16MB memory (RAM)
- Single side:
- Color (YMCKO): 190 – 225 cards/hour1
- Monochrome: 600 – 850 cards/hour
- Dual side:
- Color (YMCKO-K): 140 cards/hour
- Colors available: fire red & brilliant blue
- Upgrade kit for dual-sided printing
- USB encoding over IP through additional USB Net Server module, upon request
- Locking system to prevent access to the printer and consumables (cards and ribbons)
- Wireless range: wireless connection 802.11b/g
Additional encoding modules
- Available modules:
- Magnetic stripe encoder ISO 7811 / JIS2
- Smart contact station ISO 7816
- Smart encoding unit
- Contactless encoding unit
- Internal USB or IP connections
- Encoding options can be combined
- Factory ordered or upgraded on-site
- USB 1.1 (compatible 3.0)
- Ethernet TCP-IP 10BaseT, 100BaseT (Traffic Led)
- 802.11b/g wireless connection on the Wireless range
- Support for Kensington® security lock
- Data encryption for magnetic encoding
- Printer LEDs
- Graphical notifications from the printer2: cleaning alerts, empty/low level ribbon alert, etc.
- Arial, Arial bold
- Barcode: Code 39, Code 128, EAN 13, 2/5 interleaved
Card management and specifications
- Feeder capacity: 100 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Output hopper capacity: 100 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Reject tray capacity: 30 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Card thickness: 0.25 to 1.25 mm (10 to 50 mil), gauge adjustment (0.25mm / 10 mil only for monochrome printing)
- Card types:
- PVC cards
- Composite PVC cards
- PET cards
- ABS cards1
- Special varnished cards1
- Card format: ISO CR80 – ISO 7810 (53.98 mm x 85.60 mm)
Evolis High Trust® ribbons
To maximize the quality and durability of printed cards, the lifespan of the print head and the overall printer reliability, use Evolis High Trust® ribbons.
- Automatic identification and setting
- Delivered in a drop-in cassette for easy handling
- Ribbon saver for monochrome printing
- CD-ROM with printer drivers, user manuals
- Cleaning kit
- USB cable
- Reject tray
- Power supply and cord
Size and weight
- Size (H x W x D): 247 x 205 x 381 mm (9.72’’ x 8.07’’ x 14.99’’)
With reject tray: 247 x 205 x 481 mm (9.72’’ x 8.07’’ x 18.93’’)
- Weight: 4.02kg (8.86lbs)
- 3-year warranty (printer and printhead)4
- Warranty extension available as an option